Birthday and holidays and feasts, oh my!
Several miscellaneous celebratory announcements:
* Happy belated birthday to snegurochka_lee, who suffers from the curse of the late-November birthday! Hope you were able to find some time to celebrate at a busy time of year.
* Thanks so much to everyone who left birthday wishes for me over the weekend! I wound up napping away most of Big Day, but now I'm a little more rested as we push to finish off the year, which feels lovely. Special thanks to such_heights, who somehow perfectly captured the feeling of late-night (read: end-of-term) exhaustion in the ficlet Let's Call the Whole Day Off (Remus/Sirius, 900 words, PG). Who can help clicking on a ficlet with a title like that? Thanks, A!
* Belated but heartfelt thanks to two people I've been meaning to thank on this journal: thanks to nelly estryn, who translated "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" into Hebrew here and to archaea2, who translated "Pants Down" into French here. I'm thrilled and grateful and impressed by your translation skills. Thank you!
* A little love for Remus/Sirius: only four days until rs_small_gifts begins posting! This should be fun. I realized when I signed up to write this year that I hadn't written R/S since last year's exchange, and I'm excited to try it again in the low-key context of this exchange. (Even the non-prolific Maggie can do 1000 words, right?) It's been fun to see old friends again, too. If you're not signed up this year, we'll be calling for pinch-hitters mid-month. *nudges* Watch the comm for coffee-break-sized R/S next month! Let the holidays begin!
* Finally, happy holidays to those of you celebrating today, and happy Thursday to everyone else!